Dennis DiNoia is the founder of Mr. D Math and has a passion for helping students become independent and responsible learners. Listen to this episode of the Homeschool with Moxie Podcast where Dennis shares how homeschool parents can set the right atmosphere for students to develop lifelong self-mastery skills.
My posts contain affiliate links.
About Mr. D Math
Are you looking for an online math course for your high school students? Check out Mr. D Math and all the options he has for your high schoolers. They offer multiple formats such as an interactive online classroom, self-paced curriculum, and co-op group classes. You’ll love his hands-on approach.
Here are the courses you’ll find:
- Preparing for Pre-Algebra
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Pre-Calculus with Trigonometry
- Calculus I
- SAT & ACT Math Bootcamp
And if you thought Mr. D Math only offers math courses, you’ll be surprised to learn that you can also find classes in:
- American Sign Language
- College & Career Readiness
- Language Arts
- Music & Dance
- Study Skills
Listen to the Podcast
Dennis DiNoia of Mr. D Math shares how to help your kids develop lifelong self-mastery skills and become independent, responsible learners.
We were honored to have Dennis join us on episode 232 of the Homeschool with Moxie Podcast.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- the characteristics of being a self-directed or independent learner
- why students need to develop their own questions
- the importance of the student being the teacher
- what happens when we allow students to correct heir own work
- how the roles shift in this homeschooling model between parent and student
- what the role of coach looks like for the homeschool parent
- whether or not its important to teach our kids how to take tests
Creating independent + responsible learners
Want to learn more about how you can create independent and responsible learners in your homeschool? Dennis shares how to help your children grow and flourish with these life skills in his podcast and book.
Dennis hosts The A+ Parents Podcast, which you can find on your favorite podcasting app.
Read Dennis’ book, TEACH: Creating Independently Responsible Learners, to deep dive into the topics we discussed on today’s episode.