Learn how a passion-driven education model will transform your homeschool. Plus, The Tuttle Twins series will teach your kids about the free market. Check out this inspiring interview with Connor Boyack.
Welcome to the show notes for Episode #62 of the Homeschool with Moxie podcast!
As a former classroom teacher, now homeschooling mom of five, I love to equip and encourage other homeschooling families.
Stick around to learn how to homeschool with moxie. It’s about embracing your journey and finding your groove.
EPISODE #62: What is Passion-Driven Education? An interview with Connor Boyack
Connor Boyack is president of Libertas Institute, a free market think tank in Utah. He is the author of over a dozen books on politics, education, and culture, along with hundreds of columns and articles championing individual liberty. He is also president The Association for Teaching Kids Economics, a national non-profit helping K-8 students learn free market ideas.
In this chat with Connor Boyack, we discussed these topics and resources:
- What is passion-driven education?
- What is the role of the parent in this educational model?
- Advice for parents who have only known the “factory model” of education
- The value of deschooling if you’re transitioning from traditional school
- The story behind The Tuttle Twins series
- The topics behind The Tuttle Twins books
- Free Market Rules curriculum – This weekly curriculum helps parents & children of all ages to learn together about the free market.
- The Tuttle Twins Choose Your Consequence books for teens – These books feature a series of adventures where you control the story! You’ll be able to observe the outcomes of different economic & political situations.
- Is there such a thing as “failing” with homeschooling?