Would you like to teach your kids how to study the Bible? If you’re looking for a Word-driven study, then you’ll love our inductive Bible studies for kids and teens. Download our FREE Inductive Bible Study samples below so you can get an inside peek into our curriculum without a big commitment!
We have studies available for all different ages. We also have digital or physical options. Here’s a quick overview.
Little Fishes Bible Studies are geared toward kids in grades K-4. These studies don’t go through every verse in the book. Rather, they hit nine of the key passages. The verses are included in the student workbook in ESV.
Self Study Workbooks are for students in grades 5-12. These books study through every single verse in the book of the Bible. While the workbooks can be used independently, some students will appreciate the optional video lessons. While the studies are based on the ESV, your student will print out their own copies of the text to mark up, so they can use any version.
Family Bundles includes everything for grades K-12: Little Fishes Bible Study, Self Study Workbook, and video lessons.
Little Fishes Bible Studies (grades K-4)
Little Fishes Bible Studies give kids in grades K-4 a gentle introduction to the inductive method through key passages in a book.
The inductive method allows the text to speak for itself by using these three steps:
- Observation: What does the text say?
- Interpretation: What does the text mean?
- Application: How should this change me?
Children at this age shouldn’t be relegated to simplified Bible stories and facts only. They really can learn to understand what the text says.
The Little Fishes Bible study also provides verse copywork practice and plenty of pages for coloring the fun “under the sea” characters.
A four-day week suggested lesson schedule is in the book; however, you can certainly take this study at any pace that fits with your family.
At a 4x week pace, this study will take 9 weeks to complete.
Check out the digital Little Fishes Bible Studies:
Self Study Workbook + Video Lessons (grades 5-12)
Are you worried that you won’t be able to teach your kids how to study the Bible because you never learned it yourself? No worries! Our Self Study Workbooks and optional video lessons are open & go.
They take your kids in grades 5-12 through a comprehensive deep dive into a whole book of the Bible. As they learn to study one paragraph at a time, they will learn the skills of observation, interpretation, and application.
Many families want a Word-driven resource instead of offering their kids more fluff and devotional thoughts.
If you’re looking for a devotional, this is not for you.
If you’re looking for Bible-themed busywork, then this is not for you.
We believe that middle school and high school students can handle digging into the actual text of Scripture. We don’t need to water down passages.
Here’s what you’ll get
- Serious Word-driven study without “fluff”
- Resources that will do more than just teach Bible stories
- Depth, independence, learning beyond the “big stories” that are used in Sunday School
- Using an actual Bible to teach
- Helps them learn to read the Bible on their own and understand what they are reading
There’s no preparation needed and your student can work through independently using our clear step-by-step instructions.
Check out the digital Self Study Workbooks:
The Self Study Workbook can be used on its own. But the Video Lessons will make a world of difference for many visual learners.
And if you want to count this for homeschool high school credit, then you’ll be happy to know that there are 9 weeks of work included for a 1/4 credit.
However, this curriculum is totally flexible! Check out Gena Mayo’s review of our James curriculum and how her teens used this for over 27 weeks at a slower pace.
Take a look at the Self Study Workbook + Video bundles:
- James SSW + Video Lessons
- Jonah & Nahum SSW + Videos Lessons
- Psalm 1 SSW + Video Lessons
Purchase Physical Workbooks on Amazon
Our Bible studies are now available on Amazon!!
- James Little Fishes
- Jonah & Nahum Little Fishes
- James Self Study Workbook
- Jonah & Nahum Self Study Workbook
Family Bundles (grades K-12)
The Family Bundle includes all the resources you need for all your kids in grades K-12 to study through a book of the Bible inductively.
You will get access to the Self Study Workbook that includes step-by-step daily instructions for studying through the book paragraph by paragraph. You will also be able to download an Answer Key.
The short video lessons are optional, but definitely helpful for many students. The videos will review the text markings and interpretation step.
And your youngest kids can use the Little Fishes Bible Study.
This course is designed to take 9 weeks to complete. There is a suggested 4-day schedule for grades K-4 & 5-8 and a suggested 5-day schedule for grades 9-12.
Gospel of John Inductive Bible Study Class
Your teens in grades 7-12 will study through the first twelve chapters of the Gospel of John using the inductive method. They’ll learn how to study through a book in context.
The Gospel of John Inductive Bible Study Class will help your students move past just simply memorizing Bible stories and facts to systematically observe, interpret, and apply the text.
Students receive a Self Study Workbook through John 1-12
- includes daily lessons through the text
- answer key provided
- projects + rubric for grading
- accountability for high school credit
- moving past a memorization of facts and learning how to actually study the Word in context using the inductive method
Weekly Video Lessons
- watch the online lesson whenever it fits your schedule
- ask questions
- great for visual and auditory learners
Homeschool with Moxie Podcast #152 – FAQ
On episode 152 of the podcast, we wanted to talk through the FAQ related to our inductive studies!
Here’s what we cover:
- How many lessons are included in the inductive Bible studies?
- Are the Bible studies digital or physical?
- Do I need to already understand the inductive method to use these with my kids?
- Are these studies considered devotional?
- Which grades can use these studies?
- How do the Little Fishes Bible studies measure up as K-4 Bible curriculum?
- How do teens use the Self Study Workbooks?
Additional Inductive Bible Study Samples
Try out our Psalm 1 Inductive Bible Studies before jumping into a whole book! You can find them here: