With so many families jumping into homeschooling for the first time this year, I wanted to chat about my 14 top tips for new homeschool moms. This is a good refresher for veteran homeschool moms too!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I will receive a commission if you purchase from these links. Thank you.
Welcome to the show notes for Episode #78 of the Homeschool with Moxie podcast!
As a former classroom teacher, now homeschooling mom of five, I love to equip and encourage other homeschooling families.
Stick around to learn how to homeschool with moxie. It’s about embracing your journey and finding your groove.
EPISODE #78: Top Tips Every New Homeschool Mom Needs to Know
Want to read all 88 things that you should know before jumping into the homeschool adventure? Click the graphic below.
If this podcast is an encouragement to you, become a supporter of the Homeschool with Moxie podcast with a small monthly donation! This will help sustain future episodes. Learn more HERE.
- Homeschooling doesn’t have to be like public school. That’s the point. Don’t stress it.
- You are not a slave to your curriculum. Your curriculum is there to help you.
- Declutter, organize, and set up systems before you start.
- You can homeschool on a tight budget.
- Let your kids be little.
- You really can homeschool multiple ages without losing your mind!
- You don’t need to lesson plan.
- You don’t need a homeschool room.
- Focus on the big picture.
- Sleep late. You’ll never regret it.
- You can learn as you go. You don’t have to know everything when you start homeschooling. Invest in some books or conferences and podcasts!
- You can’t do it all. Know your limitations.
- You can homeschool high school!
- You are the expert in your child’s life. No one knows them better than you do!
Additional Resources & Posts:
Check out these related posts for more tips for new homeschool moms.
- 6 Ways You’re Making Homeschooling Harder Than It Needs to Be
- Systems are the Secret
- Our Kids’ Chore System & Why We Pay Them
- I don’t do laundry (and you shouldn’t either)
- Declutter Cheatsheet for Teens
- Thrifty Girl’s Guide to Homeschooling on a Budget
- How to Piece Together an (almost) Free Homeschool Curriculum
- Let Your Young Kids Have Plenty of Playtime
- Six Tips for Homeschooling Multiple Ages + Babies & Toddlers
- I don’t lesson plan (and you shouldn’t either)
- How to Set Up Homeschool Workboxes (video)
- Easy Homeschool Scheduling with Trello
- How to Plan Your Homeschool Year on Trello
- 9 Things They Need in a Classroom That Homeschoolers Can Do Without
- Homeschool Room Tours (includes the Backpack Method I mentioned!)
- How to Homeschool Without a Homeschool Room
- Homeschool Organization with Lisa Woodruff of Organize365: HWM #72
- 5 Strategies to Conquer Homeschool Overwhelm (hint: this post covers your WHY)
- Professional Development for Homeschool Moms
- Embracing Planned Neglect
- Can You Really Homeschool High School? (Workshop)
- Insider Information on Homeschooling High School: HWM #59