As we prepare to graduate our oldest from our homeschool, here are some honest thoughts as I look back over the last 13 years of homeschooling. Plus, here’s the advice I’d give my younger self – the best decisions, biggest regret, and what I’d change. Finally, we’ll wrap up with my top tips for young homeschool moms.
Welcome to the show notes for Episode #108 of the Homeschool with Moxie podcast!
As a former classroom teacher, now homeschooling mom of five, I love to equip and encourage other homeschooling families.
Stick around to learn how to homeschool with moxie. It’s about embracing your journey and finding your groove.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I will receive a commission if you purchase from these links. Thank you.
New to homeschooling? Want a monthly success path and daily access to veteran homeschoolers so you can ask questions?
Try the Homeschool Mom Collective for 30 days for FREE and gain confidence in your role as a homeschool mom.
Listen to the Podcast
Tips for Young Homeschool Moms
Here’s what I would tell a young homeschool mom who is just beginning her homeschool adventure.
- don’t compare yourself to other families
- trust your mom gut
- don’t segment out all the subjects for all the kids in the little years – you can do almost everything together!
- keep it simple, hands-on, lots of playtime.
Homeschool Resources to Check Out
- FOMO for Homeschool Moms (and what to do about it)
- HWM 40: Why a Morning Basket Works
- How to Homeschool Multiple Ages (Without Losing Your Mind)
- Looking for a curriculum spine to teach all your kids together in K-8? Look into My Father’s World
- HWM 48: Let Your Young Kids Have Plenty of Playtime
- HWM 86: Be Wild + Free with Ainsley Arment